Thursday, September 13, 2007

Sleuth

Sleuth directed by Ken Branaugh, starring Michael Caine and Jude Law.
I lucked out thanks to a client and managed to get passes to this ....highly enjoyable
dialogue drama, based on a play by someone I should probably know...
It is also a remake of a 1973 film by the same name in which Michael starred in the role played by Jude Law this time around (ie the yonger man)...
It is really an exploration of mind games and manipulation, but the real star is the script....the acting while bang on , especially from.....yes actually Jude law, is very very good, as of course Caine unsurprisingly is always great.... There is a twist to this plot , which is simply mind boggling , so dont read reviews about it or it may be spolied if you wish to watch it. There is also a minor homoerotic component which is lame and not critical to the plot, which takes a bit off the final act , but overall a highly fun film... and I was surprised to see that what the ladies have been telling me is actually true, now having seen him in person, I see that I actually am a dead ringer for Jude Law...

3 comments:

kyle said...

welcome back, stu. like your review but am going to need to see photographic evidence of your resemblance to mr. law.

sarah said...

Ahhhhh! That's it. I had been wondering for years who it was you reminded me of.

festival co-director #3 said...

OK - so that's 2 celebrity lookalikes on this Blog. Now we just have to figure out who everybody else looks like