Thursday, September 06, 2007

Ironically, I turned in two tickets to Useless on Monday. It did look interesting, but I had my eye on a few others.

Celebrities I'd like to bump into (is that a euphimism?).....let me mull on that. OK, how about Laura Linney? She's my age, is great in almost every flic she's in, reasonably well fed, and darned attractive.

The game I like to play at this point is, to guess which film will be the best and the worst from among my picks. I'm thinking that Silent Resident may be the best, based on the plot summary, the simple picture, and the fact that it's German, and not French. The one with the greatest potential for failure is clearly Man From London, the review of which proclaims its mood of a "vacuum in which no joy may enter", and celebrates "long periods of silence and stasis". The dark horse is The Banishment, whose director last film won the Golden Lion in Venice in 2003...mind you, it's a relationship film that runs 2 1/2 hours.

No comments: