Friday, September 17, 2004

The Libertine

Oh Johnny Depp...(sigh)...He's not always the most stellar actor, but I have to say that he's certainly not hard to look at. A little disappointing that he wasn’t at the screening of the movie, but after seeing it I realized why!

Maybe I would’ve enjoyed it more if I had been able to hear. I understand that it’s a work in progress, and I’m certainly not a professional, but should the music really be louder than the actors? But, trying to keep hope alive in the name of Depp, I remained in my seat and craned my neck for the first half hour in order to hear. Eventually the sound got better, but then all I could hear was the little voice in my head asking me when the pain would end.

How could a film about a 17th Century Earl with a sole focus on wine, sex and mud have no current US deal in place? I mean, come on…who doesn’t need a refresher lesson that syphilis can kill?

The last scene of the film has the Earl of Rochester (Depp) asking: “Do you like me now? Do you like me now? Do you like me now? Do you like me now?”

My answer Mr. Dreamy Johnny Depp is: “NO. NO. NO. NO.”

No comments: