Friday, September 10, 2004

Human Touch - Paul Cox

The site looks great Kyle, thanks for setting it up.I hear Paul Cox has beem around for a while and I can see why. I thought it was pretty great. For me it fit into a dialogue about what constitutes art which I have been having with a few collegues of mine. So far our definition has been if you experience something , anything, and it changes your perspective on how you view life (be it a micro or macro perspective) then it constitutes art. ( Hence a barn painting with fog around it seen at the local flea market is a neigh, "A love supreme " is a yea) . This film , though exploring relationship issues, does get into questions re: art as beauty or "touch"..... or is it primarily a personal obsessive selfish act ... . Can the act of touching constitute art? Beautifully acted, I have also found a new lead female to obsess over......Fuck it if this sounds like bullshit, its the film fest dont ya know?

No comments: