Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Un Crime

Note: I haven't read Kyle's post yet ( I didn't want to be influenced by his comments) so it will be interesting to see if any of our words are the same.

A question.....why oh why do directors feel that I want to see naked Harvey Keitel? Many, many people saw "The Piano." Perhaps prior to "The Piano" directors assumed that we all wondered what exactly Harvey looked like naked. But after we all saw it once did we need to keep seeing it? Harvey is a really good actor. I usually enjoy his performances. I just wish directors would keep him clothed.

So beyond the nakedness, how was the movie? IT SUCKED! The storyline was ridiculous. The acting was not engaging. I should have taken a nap. I was tired and would have benefitted more from the rest than from watching the rest of the film.

The Q and A afterwards was entertaining though. The audience asked the most ridiculous questions I have heard about a movie to date. As an example - One audience member commented on a scene where one a character compares being in love to being in hell. Then the audience member asked if this philosophy was typical the the French.

No comments: