Thursday, September 07, 2006

Are you ready for some f.....ilms?

Actually, I guess there is some NFL football on tonight as well. It's not going to be Pittsburgh taking on Miami but a samurai avenging the death of his father that will be occupying my time tonight in Kore-eda's Hana.

Here's a clip of the making of the film, courtesy of YouTube:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9polHduyORg

Okay, clearly I'm reaching but there's not much more to write about until the films start.

Guess I could say that I'm glad tonight's film is at the Varsity, which has much more of a festival vibe to it than the Paramount. Deep in the heart of clubland, with its flashing lights sights, cacophony of sounds, and deep-fried donut smells emanating from thefood court concession, the Paramount has always seemed less of a cinema than an adult version of Chuck-e-cheese. While the ample leg room and stadium seating admittedly make for greater viewing pleasure than the constant shifting and weaving of heads necessary to take in a subtitled film at the downstairs cinema at the Cumberland, there's still something to be said for being at the latter venue.

Anyhow, I hope you enjoy your films and that you read and post regularly. Those who haven't been invited to post can either email me for login instructions or make use of the comments section.

No comments: