Wednesday, September 13, 2006

2:37

I don't think it would be right to say that I enjoyed a movie about teenage suicide but I can say that I recommend it. The film festival book actually accurately (I say actually because the film descriptions can often be so the opposite of what the movie is like) accurately compared this movie to "Elephant." It has the same mood.

I would not have guessed that it was a 1st time director and a cast of 1st time actors. 2:37 was very well done. I feel badly for the director and cast member that attended the screening. There was an incident in the theatre during the last scene of the screening that really took the attention of the audience away from the movie. Someone near the back of the theatre had some sort of medical emergency. The movie credits were abruptly turned off, the lights came up and people were uncomfortable giving the film the applause it deserved. Obviously I don't blame the ill individual and ending the screening was the right thing to do. It just seemed a shame that a screening of a fine film ended on such a bad note.

No comments: