Friday, August 31, 2007

skinny ebert: teacher's pet

I had absolutely NOTHING to do this Friday night so I came up with TEN films you really don't want to see.

I haven't looked at the other posts - so forgive me if I've snagged a few of your picks

CHRISTOPHER COLUMBUS, THE ENIGMA: a couple spend their vacation trying to prove that Colombus was Portugese and not Italian. Oh ya, and the director is 98 years old. AND it meets Kyle's Portugese criteria

DR. PLONK: "a tribute to silent film, filmed on expired black & white film with a hand-cranked camera". I think it would be fun to bring your ipod and create your own soundtrack. Not sure how to remedy the expired film though

DEATH IN THE LAND OF ENCARTOS: 540 minutes long......if I didn't have to wash my hair....

YOU, THE LIVING: "a plot synopsis is impossible..." I'd say a viewing is impossible as well.

MISTER LONELY: a Michael Jackson impersonator, nuns throwing themselves from a plane and the creator of Julien Donkey Boy. Guess I'm getting my Harmony Korine fix after all.

LOVE SONGS: a French musical - I just can't do it

NIGHTWATCHING: a movie based on a Rembrandt painting??!! Wasn't the DaVinci Code bad enough?

FOREVER NEVER ANYWHERE: four men are trapped in a car after an accident. Not recommended for those who like anything to happen in their movies

SURFWISE - a documentary abour a whole family of surfers. Like wow! That's incredible!

DAINIPPONJIN - the protagonist is "transformed into a stocky giant several storeys high, sporting tight purple briefs, tattoos and an Eraserhead-style hairdo". There's a reason this one is playing at midnight

2 comments:

kyle said...

hey, i had 'nightwatching' on my list of picks. philistine!

festival co-director #3 said...

that's good - you'll probably get that one!