Thursday, September 08, 2005

My Stripped Down Itinerary

Here's what I'm seeing this year:

A rather pared down list from last year's 16 tickets and I'm seriously jonesing for more films. I looked at the online ordering page today and was going to pick up a ticket for A Little Trip to Heaven , which Sarah is seeing on the final Saturday. The problem, beyond the somewhat pricy $19.50 per ticket price, is the $5.59 handling fee they want to tack onto the cost of the ticket. Who's handling the ticket? For $5.59 it had better be someone like Natalie Portman.

Incidentally, Natalie is supposed to be here next week and I may rush for that film, which I had selected but didn't get because I was in a bad box this year. I could offer lame excuses about Amos Gitai being an important director but you'd see right through me. You may begin slagging me at any time.

First film is tonight and I look forward to posting my brilliant analysis here this morning. I'm sure you are all equally looking forward to reading it. Would love to read about what you all saw, particularly if you hated what you saw; those always tend to be the most fun to read.

Above all, happy festival!

No comments: