Tuesday, September 13, 2005

2 of my 5 movies

Kyle has written accounts of the two movies (out of my five) that I have seen so far. He has done a splendid job so I will only post a couple of lines with my two cents.


"A Travers la Foret"
After the first 10 minutes of "A Travers la Foret" I guessed that this would be a movie that Derek and Kyle would love. The main character spent these first 10 minutes dancing around the room nude. You saw her mostly shot from the waist up but you did get the occasional glimpse of thick pubic hair. She sang, danced and played with her hair, looking pretty all the while.

I changed my mind when the story became silly and dull 11 minutes into the film and continued that way until the end. The actress who sang and danced so prettily in the beginning also became dull looking. It remided me of the Sienfield episode where Jerry dates the "two face." Sometimes she looked cute and other times she looked like a hag. It was distracting.

The end of the movie made no sort of sense and reminded me of a bad movie I saw with my brother and Kyle last year called Hotel. The only difference between the ending of this movie and the ending Hotel was the absence of a scream. Both endings left me feeling cheated and sour. I do not recommend "A Traveers..." I must add that I also do not recommend "Hotel."


"Entre ses Mains"
It is true that I didn't completely buy how the main charater reacted to some of the things that happened to her in the movie. Still I would recommend it to all. I found it very suspenseful, well acted and well directed. I would also be curious to know if others could accept the choices the lead actress makes as realistic.

No comments: