Friday, September 16, 2005

Memories In The Mist

Hmmmm. I am at a bit of a loss on what I should write about this one. I don't really have strong feelings about it at all.

It is the story of a man in his late thirties or early forties who is unhappy in his life. His job at a newspaper is unsatisfying. Because of his unwillingness to stop persuing the story of a corrupt government official, he keeps missing out on the promotions that all of his peers are getting. His wife seems to hate him. He cannot get past a conflict he had with his father as a youngster. The onlt thing that makes him happy are his dog Jill, (not a very Bangali name for a dog) son and daughter.

It was a little slow paced and had a few too many cliches in it to be satisfying. It is not a bad movie or a great movie. I am not sure that I would recommend it......maybe if there was nothing else worth renting at the video store.

No comments: